* this series and post contains affiliate links . It will also feature several links and other awesome blogs to which I will give credit for their great job . They have helped me a lot ..ideas , time saving and creativity.
BOOKS TO READ
To save money , local library is a good option. You can also use whatever books you may have in your home library to supplement with the lesson.
From the library ...
- Llama Llama Home with Mama
- Llama Llama Time to Share
- Ll by Kelly Doudna
- Liz and Len ( First Sounds) by Anders Hanson
- Little Just Like Me by Anders Hanson
- The Lion and the Lamb, Told by Amy Grant and Christopher Reeve - yes it is about the true meaning of Christmas, but the girls enjoyed it. It is a fable about an escaped lion and a new-born lamb who teach a brother and a sister about the true spirit of Christmas.
From our book shelves..
- Daniel and the Lion's Den
- Little Miss Muffet
- Lion King Friends in Need.
We always start by saying the letter out loud. Teaching her the phonetic sound of the letter. We used
We did the letter K tracing , download it for free here :
Ll tracing sheet - D'nealian form @ First - School
Ll tracing sheet - Standard form @ First - School
Ll is for Lion tracing sheet - @ More Coloring Pages
We have been tracing and practicing Lucy to write her name. I found this amazing site that make custom tracing sheets. You can choose from standard , D'nealian and cursive form . Also, if you want it in print dot , print dash or hollow..and in large or medium size as well. It is free! Download it here : Handwriting Worksheets
We did a puzzle activity. We used Lalaloopsy Puzzle . This activity is awesome for their fine motor skills.
I used the Big Preschool Workbook , It is tearable so I just placed the pages onto a sheet protector so we can use it over and over again. This page is a review of letter L words and spotting the hidden L's.
This activity can be found here : Free Alpha-books @ Homeschool Share. It is from A-Z but you can just choose to print the letter L.
I have an old post on a inexpensive diy sandpaper letters , check it out here : Montessori at Home : DIY Sandpaper Letters
Find these awesome Letter Ll crafts here :
Lion Craft @ DLTK kids
The Letter L Crafts
Ll is for Lamp @ Crystal and Comp
As for the lamb craft : You will need : Construction papers, cotton , scissors and glue. I used our girls hand print , trace and cut it using construction papers and had the girls paste the cotton onto it.
Have fun!Lots of love ,
- FOLLOW ME Via: